Photo of the Lake Overholser Bridge

IMG_0443 edited.jpg

Title

Photo of the Lake Overholser Bridge

Subject

Route 66

Description

The Lake Overholser Bridge was built in 1925 as part of Oklahoma State Highway 3. In 1926, the bridge was chosen as a part of the newly established US Route 66. It remained a part of Route 66 until 1958, when is was determined that the bridge could no longer handle the stress of constant traffic and a 4-lane road was established beside the bridge as the new Route 66.

Creator

Carson Milligan

Publisher

Fred Floyd Archives

Date

1925-1958

Original Format

Digital Photo

Collection

Citation

Carson Milligan, “Photo of the Lake Overholser Bridge,” Fred Floyd Archives, Southern Nazarene University, accessed April 20, 2024, https://archives.snu.edu/items/show/8.

Geolocation